Is it obvious how thrilled I was with my zippered clutch project last night? Despite the gruelling work day, I decided to make another one using my fabric stash. The fabric I used is from Michael Miller which I purchased 2 days after my first sewing lesson some odd years ago.
This fabric was not as heavy as yesterday’s fabric, but not that lightweight either. I chose to add leftover fusible interfacing I used for a dress in the past to give this fabric some body, and I also did a heavier weight sew-in interfacing. I envisioned that this clutch would have more structure than the one from yesterday.
And unlike yesterday’s version, I used the patterns provided this time around using the “large” version. I didn’t stray from the pattern instructions except for the heavy weight interfacing.
Here it is flat on the table.
Peeking inside. I used a fat quarter quilting weight cotton for the lining.
I think I’ll be keeping this one. Heeheehee. I’ve found doing these small projects in the evenings when I don’t have much time to be more rewarding since I can finish them in a few hours. “Low hanging fruit” as my peers in my circle are wont to say (if I hear that phrase one more time, I’ll be punching someone’s low hanging fruit soon enough).
Maybe I’ll stick to doing the major sewing on the weekends… Maybe I’ll invest in the Bag Making Bible. Oh, the choices!